Two days ago I downloaded the series of podcasts from one of my top five most inspiring sheroes/heroines Elizabeth Gilbert who I was so privileged and inspired to meet in November 2013 at High Tea at the De Hortus Botanicus here in Amsterdam as a celebration and promotion of the release of her then latest book The Signature of All Things.(It’s a really wonderful read btw!!!)
Last night I started to listen to them, this morning I was aching to hear the rest, so the Teletubbies were put on the iPad for the little person and I indulged. Creativity explosions! Ideas galore! Gratitude beating through my body! Thankful faithful heart.
The two quotes in the Instagram picture which literally made me catch my breath when I heard them came from Episode 4 of Magic Lessons where Liz speaks to Rob Bell, had to be written on my fridge immediately. I recently discovered (thanks to my tenants who were living here for the first half of this year) that you can write on my cupboard surfaces with dry wipe marker – anyone who knows about my sheer love of both stationary and playing teacher(!) will atest to the fact that this is wonderful news.
Later this morning as I was walking The Pig and was still reverberating with the thankfulness, creativity and gratitude I decided to share one of my daily practices with you.
My “3 Things”
- 3 things I am grateful for today.
- 3 things I am hoping for today.
- 3 things I am trusting today
- 3 things I am releasing today
So here is today’s list – even though it’s a little earlier than I usually put them together:
Today I am grateful for:
- My friend Liz and all that she is; her work, her generosity, her spirit and her laugh!
- The incredible late summer weather that Amsterdam is bathed in
- Amsterdam Oosterpark – where The Boy, The Pig and I walk every day and enjoy the daily changes where we really notice “It is a new universe every second!”
Three things I hope for today:
- That the forecast is right and that we can enjoy this late summer bliss for three whole days
- That my client is enjoying being 9 days postpartum and that breastfeeding is establishing well
- That my next client is ready to contact me and move forward with our work together
Three things that I trust today:
- That I will be divinely guided to take the next perfect step toward helping my clients to find me
- That the universe in all it’s glorious abundance is taking care of my finances
- That I will start “The Book” when the time is right
Three things I release today:
- The need for perceived originality in my writing – surely if I write from my heart and soul voice then that in itself is unique?!
- Worry – it takes so much energy and focus away from the areas I wish to direct my energy and focus like The Boy, The Pig, my desires and my dreams.
- Guilt about the iPad and Teletubbies: listen to Magic Lessons Podcast episode number 1 for the justification
A) as much as I say “daily practice” I confess it doesnt happen every. single. day.
B) sometimes the same thing will take up space on the list for days/weeks at a time
C) sometimes I don’t manage 3 – but I still write 1 or 2